We’ve all had that awful sinking feeling when we get half way to work, school or even the shops, and realise we’ve forgotten our phone.
O2 Insurance has recently conducted some research on just how attached young Brits are to their mobiles, with some pretty amazing findings. 19% of those surveyed said they’d rather go without water for 24 hours than their mobile phone, and 21% said they’d rather do without food!
Demonstrating just how important a mobile is to many people, 11% of those we asked said that they simply wouldn’t be able to function without their mobile.
And this got us thinking. We want to know what else you can’t live without. Tell us, and you could win a Samsung Galaxy SIII, courtesy of O2 Insurance.
Entering is simple. All you’ll need to do is tweet @O2 and tell us, remembering to use the hashtag #livewithout, what you couldn’t bear to be without for a day. The competition’s open until 6pm on Thursday 18 October 2012, we’ll pick our favourite and announce the winner on Monday 22 october 2012.
That’s it. Easier than leaving your phone at home all day.
Our normal competition T&C’s apply, the extra ones for this competition are below:
1. This competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
2. No purchase necessary, however internet access is required.
3. All entries must be received between 00.01 GMT on 11th October 2012 and 11.59 GMT on 18th October 2012.
On Twitter, tell us what item/s you cannot live without for 24 hours, tagging it with the hashtag #livewithout in the description, e.g. “I can’t #livewithout listening to @justinbieber for 24 hours”.
1. You may enter as many times as you like, providing each tweet is different.
2. Prize: The prize includes a Samsung Galaxy SIII.
There will be 1 winning entry, to be selected randomly from all entries received during the promotional period.
3. Entries will also be rejected if they:
4. Winners will be notified by email within 7 days of each of the closing dates referred to in clause 3 above. Winners who do not respond within 14 days of being notified will be disqualified and an alternative winner selected in the same manner.
5. All entries are subject to moderation. The Promoter has the absolute discretion to upload or not upload, to consider for judging or not to judge or to remove any content already uploaded without giving reasons or recourse for its decision.
6. If an entry has been created by more than one person, you must pick only one person to be the entrant. The Promoter will assume that this person is empowered to act and respond on behalf of all those involved in the specific submission.
7. Entrants acknowledge that other entrants may have submitted ideas and concepts that may be similar to his/her entry, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Promoter over such matters.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and county of residence of the winner. The winner may be required to participate in the Promoter’s marketing and promotional activities and by entering the Promotion consents to such participation.
9. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated and there is no cash alternative. If the winner is unable to take their prize within the stated period, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another winner chosen in the same manner. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
10. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of transmission or sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
12. No bulk, third party or organised group entries will be accepted. Corrupt entries or those not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted.
13. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
14. Entries will become the property of the Promoter (including all intellectual property rights in the entry).
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter and that Twitter does not have any liability for any element of this promotion.
16. By taking part in this promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. To the fullest extent possible by law, the Promoter assumes no responsibility for damages, losses or injuries that result from acceptance of the prize.
18. The Entrant hereby grants to O2 and O2’s contractors and agents an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and assignable license to use, display, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, sell and sublicense the winning story, to incorporate the winning story into promotional and marketing materials.
19. The name and country of the winners, along with their winning entry, will be available at http://o2-news.staging.repubdev.com/ between 22nd October and 2nd November 2012.
20. This Promotion is governed by English law and subject to the sole jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. Promoter: Telefónica UK Limited, with registered address as 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX