Know someone who deserves a brand new phone and a free O2 Pay Monthly tariff? Tell us who and why on Twitter and one could be coming their way…
It’s a great prize – your choice of phone on your choice of tariff – and now we just need a great winner. We want to hear who you think should win our competition and why – if you’ve got someone in mind here’s what you need to do…
You can read the full terms and conditions below – good luck with your nomination!
24 Month Free Contract Competition
• Competition Dates: 1pm GMT on Wednesday 19 October to 1pm on Wednesday 26 October
• Entry: Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 or over.
To enter this Competition, please contact the @O2 Twitter channel and nominate who you think should win the prize and why. You are able to nominate yourself and can nominate yourself or others multiple times, however both the person making the nomination and the nominated person must be following the @O2 Twitter channel in order for the entry to be eligible.
• Judging Criteria and Judging Date: The winner will be the person judged to have sent the best nomination during the Competition Dates by O2’s Social Media team.
The judging will take place on or within 24 hours of the Closing Date. The decision on who is the winner will be made entirely at O2’s discretion.
• Prize: The Prize is a 24 month contract on any available 24 month tariff with their choice of Data Bolt On with any currently available phone from O2 in the UK. All for free. The winner will also be given insurance with O2 Insure, provided they are eligible.
The winner will be required to sign up to and abide by the normal terms and conditions for all products that they get as part of the Prize. They must pay for any calls, texts, MMS or applicable data that they use outside of the bundles that come with the tariff they select, including premium rate and roaming charges. More terms are set out below.
1. This Competition is open to all UK residents, excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
2. The Competition runs during the Competition Dates until the specified Closing Date. Entries received after this date and time will not be entered into the Competition.
3. The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of this Competition, and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
4. The winner(s) will be selected from all eligible entries received on the basis of the Judging Criteria set out above. Each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the Judging Date either by email, mail or telephone. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and the next best entry may be awarded the Prize at O2's discretion.
5. O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
6. Prize Conditions – PLEASE READ
a. The winner will be required to sign up to and abide by the normal terms and conditions for all products that they get as part of the Prize. They must pay for any calls, texts, MMS or applicable data that they use outside of the bundles that come with the tariff they select, including premium rate and roaming charges.
b. If the winner is an existing O2 customer then we will arrange for their existing contract to be ended without any termination fees so that they can take the Prize (if requested). If the winner is not an O2 customer then they may have to pay termination charges to their existing network if they want to port their number to O2. O2 is not responsible for any such charges.
c. The free elements of the Prize will last for the period of the initial 24-month minimum term contract. At the end of this 24-month period the winner will be contacted by O2 to arrange for the contract to be continued on a paid-for basis or to be terminated. O2 reserves the right to start charging in month 25 if reasonable attempts have been made to contact the winner prior to such charging starting.
d. If the winner decides to leave O2, upgrade or re-sign with O2 then the Prize will not be carried forward and any remaining free allowance will be lost.
e. The Prize cannot be assigned or transferred.
7. O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside O2’s control. O2 will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but cannot issue refunds for texts sent or calls made before this occurs (where applicable). O2 will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event.
8. O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
9. In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this Competition, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the Competition; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
10. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
11. The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Competition and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
12. The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Competition.
13. Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing this Competition. If a prize includes tickets to an event then for the purpose of administering the ticket allocation, O2 reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding tickets and applications with third party ticket providers and/or service providers.
14. O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
16. This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. The promoter of this Competition is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).