- Virgin Media O2 customers who find themselves stranded at the airport can access up to four passes to 1200 airport lounges in over 500 airports around the world
- Customers can access a space that provides comfort, complimentary food and drink and free WiFi in the lounge for no extra cost
- More information about airport perks available on Priority from O2 here
Holidaymakers currently facing delays of 60 minutes or more can get complimentary access for themselves and three guests to 1200 airport lounges in over 500 airports across via Priority from O2.
How to use this Priority perk:
- Virgin Media O2 customers planning to travel abroad can tap ‘Use Now’ on the O2 Priority app to claim a unique code which can be used once for the next five months.
- Customers can simply register before their flight departure time to access you’re the airport lounge perk. Customers should register at least two hours before their flight departure time.
- If their flight is delayed by 60 minutes or more, Virgin Media O2 customers can show their lounge access voucher, which will be sent by email and SMS, to the lounge staff to be granted access.
- Priority members can then sit back and enjoy lounge access and treats including comfy seats, complimentary food and drink and free WiFi for them and up to three guests they’re travelling with.
Gareth Turpin, Chief Commercial Officer at Virgin Media O2, said: “With thousands of passengers left in limbo waiting for flights, we’re offering our customers the chance to take advantage of luxury lounges at more than 500 airports around the world. Whether it’s grabbing a free drink, a bite to eat or charging their phone before they head off, Priority members can wait in comfort until their flight is ready to go.”
Virgin Media O2 customers jetting off to Europe for their vacation can enjoy inclusive EU roaming up to 25GB with O2, so they can use their phone as they would at home without the fear of unexpected roaming charges. This could a family of four save up to £100 over a two-week holiday*.
Notes to Editor:
- *Analysis of daily charge rates from other providers suggests that a family of four going abroad for two weeks could see £100 or more added to their holiday bill when using their phones each day. Estimates based on average £2 per day roaming charge with alternative mobile network operators. Figures calculated by multiplying average weekly volumes of anonymised crowd movement data based on connections to the O2 mobile phone network across Spain, France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Poland, Germany, Netherlands, Cyprus, Croatia and Austria with average weekly cost of roaming with alternative mobile network operators.
- Inclusive EU roaming on O2: 25GB limit where allowance is 25GB or more. See o2.co.uk/terms. Business tariffs: Customers on O2 Unlimited Data business tariffs will be charged if their usage exceeds 35GB in O2’s Europe Zone. For more details please see: https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/business/o2-business-fair-usage-policy-2018
- Lounge access is valid until 30 September 2023, while stocks last – subject to availability. Each customer can redeem one code per month for the next five months. Each code allows you to register up to two flights, so your outward and return journeys for example if these fall within 14 days of each other. Your SmartDelay lounge access voucher is valid for three months from the date of issue and can be used once.