O2 and Telenomics today announce the opening of a new split-level franchise store at 229 Tottenham Court Road, which will be the largest store in O2’s estate, spanning 4,500 square feet. The opening also marks the unveiling of an O2 Workshop ‘ a revolutionary walk-in workspace targeted at local small business.
The O2 Shop at ground level is fitted in O2’s new store design format and features the latest range of live devices, comfy consultation areas and an express till. The Workshop – at basement level – offers drop-in and bookable work spaces for up to 75 people and three O2 Gurus on hand offering free help and advice. The space includes:
– Open Work Stations for up to 10 people with access to power and wireless printers
– Customer Lounge with soft seating, tablet devices for browsing and free hot and cold refreshments
– 4x Semi-Private Meeting Rooms each able to hold up to 4 people with access to LCD screens for presentations
– Seminar Room for up to 30 people in lecture format, featuring interactive white boards for presentations and seminars
– Private Conference Room with interactive white board facilities for up to 10 people
– Concierge Bar for customer enquiries and booking workspaces
– O2 Guru Bar for support and advice, complete with product showcase area
– O2 Wifi which will be free and open for all customers
– Customer Toilets including accessible facilities
The new store will be run by Telenomics Ltd, an O2 franchise business founded in 2007 by Amar Radia, Adarsh Radia and Asad Hamir. Heralded as an O2 Business Gold Partner for two years running, Telenomics currently manages three other stores in London and the South East, all of which are among the top performing O2 stores.
Richard Baylis, Head of O2 Retail, said: ‘Back in January, we announced a whole new approach to our retail business where we increased investment to continue to roll out our successful new store design and to add 250 additional O2 Gurus to help deliver a better experience. As part of that change, we continue to trial new retail environments, such as our first supermarket concession, and now in the form of the O2 Workshop at Tottenham Court Road. At this fitting location ‘ due for extensive redevelopment next year ‘ we are excited to explore a new level of service environment for our customers.’
“We are delighted to be working together with O2 to open this unique and state-of-the-art store on London’s famous Tottenham Court Road,” said Amar Radia, Director at Telenomics. “We are immensely proud of the relationship we have developed with O2, which has resulted in this project – a great achievement for a franchise and testament to O2’s commitment to their franchise community.”
It is intended that the O2 Workshop will play host to weekly events designed to support and encourage local entrepreneurs and small businesses, working in partnership with organisations such as Start-Up Britain and Enterprise Nation.
The store will also strive to extend the level of service that is provided to consumers with sensory needs. Staff have been given Sight Loss Awareness and Deaf Awareness training, as supported by the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) and Action on Hearing Loss (formerly the Royal National Institute for the Deaf ‘ RNID). Staff now recognise and can recommend specific smartphone features and functions, as well as applications that can aid and improve the lives of those with sensory needs.