Competition Dates: Qualifying round quizzes will be held on the following dates and times:
Monday 16th June 2014. Start:7pm. Close: 8pm
Tuesday 17th June 2014. Start: 7pm. Close: 8pm
Wednesday 18th June 2014. Start: 7pm. Close: 8pm
Thursday 19th June 2014. Start: 7pm. Close: 8pm
Friday 20th June 2014. Start: 7pm. Close: 8pm
Final round will take place on the Wednesday 13th August 2014.
Entry: Entrants must be aged 18 or over, be O2 customers throughout the competition dates until, at least, the prize redemption date. We will also check finalists are registered users of O2 Priority, so you must have registered with Priority prior to the final round. You need to have a valid Twitter account to enter. Finalists will be notified by direct message to their twitter user account and must therefore follow the @O2Sports until finalists are announced on 30th June.
This competition is made up of a qualifying round (which will produce no more than five finalists) and a final round (which will produce a single winner, named ‘The Ultimate Fan for Rugby’).
To enter this competition O2 customers must enter the qualifying round, by taking part in at least one of the five England Rugby online quizzes broadcast on Twitter via the @O2Sports Twitter handle. No other method of entry is available.
The participant with the best quiz score (based on a combination of the most correct answers given in the fastest time) will qualify as a finalist and have the opportunity to enter the final round of the competition. Only the first response from each participant will be accepted for the purposes of calculating quiz scores. In the unlikely event of any tie, the winner of the quiz round will be chosen at random from the tied entries.
Valid responses must be accurate, contain the ‘#O2ultimatefan’ hashtag and be from participants who meet the entry criteria. All other responses will be disqualified.
Only one entry per person per quiz.
Participants may enter one or more of the quizzes but can only qualify as a finalist once. If a participant qualifies as a finalist in more than one quiz, they will only be named as the finalist for the first quiz they entered and the participant with the next best quiz score will be identified as the finalist for any subsequent quizzes.
There will be five quizzes in total , resulting in five unique finalists and 20 reserve finalists (based on the next 4 best entries in each quiz round). Each quiz will launch at 7pm and close an hour later. Quizzes will take place on Twitter, via the @O2Sports handle during the qualifying round quiz dates only.
All five finalists will be notified by direct message to the twitter user account used to respond to the quiz questions, and they will be required to respond with their phone and email address. We will then contact them to make arrangements for the final via phone or email. Proof of identification may be required prior to the final. Finalists will be announced on 30 June 2014.
The final round
Five finalists will have the opportunity to enter the final round and become the Ultimate Fan for rugby.
To enter the final round finalists will be required to attend a Grand Final in the UK (exact location to be confirmed) in person, on Wednesday 13 August 2014 (‘Competition Day’), where they will be required to compete against each other by performing five physical and/or mental challenges. Details of the challenges will be made available to finalists on the Competition Day. Finalists and the events that take place on Competition Day will be filmed. By entering this competition, Finalists are deemed to have given the required consent to such filming and the use of footage in any media for any purposes, including publicity, arising from the competition now and in the future. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes sharing footage on the O2 Sports YouTube channel.
We’ll cover travel expenses for petrol and standard class rail fares, to a maximum of £200. For participants who live more than 150 miles to the Grand Final we will also cover 1 night’s accommodation at standard room rate at a local hotel. Valid receipts must be produced.
If any of the five finalists are unable or unwilling to participate in the final round a replacement will be contacted from the reserve finalists identified for the respective quiz in which the original finalist qualified.
Judging Criteria and Date: The O2 Ultimate Fan will be chosen based on their performance in the Grand Final by a panel of judges from O2 and the RFU. The Ultimate Fan will judged and announced within 14 days of the Grand Final. The Ultimate Fan will win the ‘grand prize’.
The Prize: The Ultimate Fan for Rugby will have the opportunity to experience “a day in the life of a member of the England Performance team” for a day during an England Test week ahead of the QBE Internationals 2014 and tickets on match day.
- During Test Week the prize will include: Meeting Matt Parker, Head of Athletic Performance, and his team at Pennyhill Park
- Spending the day with the Performance Team from Strength and Conditioning to analysts, they will be absorbed into the England experience
- Attending a team meeting at end of day
And on match day, the prize will include:
- An exclusive pre match tour of the stadium for the winner and 1 guest Tickets to the match, sitting near the management team.
- The winner joining the England Team management as they line up for the National Anthem
- This Competition is open to all customers of O2 who are UK residents, over 18, excluding employees of O2, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
- Only one entry per person and per mobile phone number (if applicable) is allowed. Entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
- The Competition runs during the Competition Dates until the specified Closing Date. Entries received after this date and time will not be entered into the Competition.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of this Competition and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
- The winner(s) will be selected on the basis of the Judging Criteria set out above. Each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the Judging Date first via Twitter then if they respond via email or telephone. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and the next best entry may be awarded the Prize at O2’s discretion.
- O2 will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, where entry into the Competition or redemption of the prize requires attendance at a specific venue, the winner and any permitted companions will be solely responsible for travel to and from the venue and all other expenses. O2 assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize. Any additional terms of entry specified by the venue will also apply.
- O2 reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside O2’s control. O2 will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but cannot issue refunds for texts sent or calls made before this occurs (where applicable). O2 will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event.
- O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of this competition, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, O2 reserves the right to end or suspend the competition; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes to alternative winners selected in accordance with the competition rules.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with this Competition and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their twitter name, name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough SL1 4DX, and marked with the name of the Competition.
- Entrants data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering this Competition. If a prize includes tickets to an event then for the purpose of administering the ticket allocation, O2 reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding tickets and applications with third party ticket providers and / or service providers.
- Entries must be suitable for publication and display and must not be indecent or obscene. Entries must not include symbols, statements or words that are offensive to the general public or to individuals of a particular socioeconomic group, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race or religion. Entries must not breach any laws or network standards and must not include any threats to any third parties. Entries must not invade the privacy or any rights of any other person or entity.
- Entries must not give undue prominence to any third party trade marks (i.e. trade marks not owned or controlled by the promoter). Entries must only refer to or include third party trade marks to identify those trade marks in accordance with honest practices and any such reference must be made with due cause and must not take unfair advantage of, or be detrimental to, the distinctive character or repute of the trade mark in question. Entries must not denigrate any third party trade marks. Entrants must ensure that they do not infringe third party trade mark rights with their entries.
- Entries must not infringe any right of privacy, right of publicity, copyright or any other third party rights.
- O2’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- O2 reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions in future. Any amendment will be explained at the top of this page.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. By entering this Competition, you are agreeing with Twitter’s own terms and conditions.
- This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter of this competition is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX (“O2”).