- The Disney+ app is now available on Virgin TV 360, ahead of latest Disney Pixar premiere, Lightyear, streaming exclusively on the app from 3rd August
- Virgin TV 360 customers who subscribe to Disney+ will be able to watch the best of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more through their Virgin Media TV service
- Fully integrated search function means Disney+ fans can access the content they love in just a few clicks or by using their voice
- Addition of Disney+ comes as Virgin Media revamps its 360 platform, with features including a personalised home screen and an updated catch-up catalogue
Virgin Media is today announcing exciting news for its customers with Virgin TV 360, as Disney+ becomes available on the service. The app joins 360’s line-up as Virgin Media also introduces a new personalised home screen, tailored specifically to customers’ viewing habits, and an updated catch-up catalogue, making it easier for viewers to catch-up on shows they’ve missed.
From exclusive must-see originals to movies, series and documentaries, Virgin TV 360 customers who subscribe to Disney+ can now tune in to incredible content from the worlds of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and general entertainment brand Star.
To launch the app, customers can simply head to the Apps section or press the mic button on their remote and say “Disney+”, offering those who subscribe to the streaming service a quick and easy way to access popular shows and films such as the original series from Star Wars; Obi-Wan Kenobi, The Kardashians and brand-new blockbuster from Disney Pixar, Lightyear, set to premiere exclusively on Disney+ tomorrow. Those who don’t currently subscribe to Disney+ can log into their My Virgin Media account for more information about signing up.
Virgin TV 360 features include:
- Personalised Home Screen – enabling customers to dive straight into the telly they love. With the new personalised home screen, customers can continue watching where they left off, access recommended shows, browse their watchlists, scroll their recordings or play a film they’ve rented.
- Catch Up Catalogue – keeping content in a convenient catch-up zone for 30 days, making it easier for customers to find.
- Voice Search & Control – allowing customers to use their voice to find their favourite shows, open apps, pause, skip forward or back and breeze around content quickly.
- Profiles – families can create their own profiles on Virgin TV 360 so that they can control their own pause points, select their favourite channels and receive personalised recommendations on live TV and catch up.
- Startover – lets customers skip back to the beginning of live programmes, even if they’ve already started.
- Mini box – recordings only need to be made once and can be shared across multiple set top boxes which allows for seamless Ultra-HD multi-room viewing throughout the home.
- Virgin TV Go app – offers a seamless on the go experience that allows customers to pause a programme on one set top box and carry on watching it on their tablet in another room or on the move.
David Bouchier, Chief TV and Entertainment Officer at Virgin Media O2 said: “The addition of Disney+ on Virgin TV 360 is fantastic news for our customers and adds to the brilliant range of programming available via our service. The combination of live TV, catch up and streaming services, means that with Virgin TV 360 there’s something for everyone to enjoy.”
The availability of Disney+ on Virgin TV 360 follows its launch on Stream from Virgin Media earlier this year, which offers customers with a Virgin Media broadband only or broadband and landline bundle the best of live TV and streaming subscription services all in one place and at great value.
For more information on Virgin Media’s TV packages visit https://www.virginmedia.com/tv
Notes to editors:
- 18+ Disney+ subscription not included within Virgin TV 360 package. Subscription via Disney required. Subject to Disney+ subscriber agreement.