- Virgin Media O2 shares tips and common household items that can cause chaos whilst the weather is hot.
As England is set to hit over 30 degrees this week, Virgin Media O2’s Director of Connectivity, Gareth Lister has provided some tips to help broadband users stay connected in the sunshine.
Position the hub properly:
- Show off your hub: Don’t hide the hub away, place it high, upright somewhere it has space around it.
- Keep your hub cool: Much like mobile phones and laptops, always keep the hub indoors in a cool place, out of bright sunlight.
- Metal music is good, metal furniture is bad: Avoid placing on top of metal furniture, this might be hot and can interfere with the hub’s connectivity.
As much as you might be tempted to, avoid moving your hub outside and make sure the below items are at least 2 metres away from your hub.
- Aircon unit
- Paddling pool
- Baby monitors
- Radio or speaker
- Tinfoil (How a roll of 68p foil from Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury’s can keep your home cool during the heatwave – Daily Record)