Zero Carbon Future
A greener business – we’re committed to achieving net zero carbon emissions across our entire value chain by 2040
Zero carbon future – we’re empowering customers to prevent 20 million tonnes of CO2 entering Earth’s atmosphere, and we’re also committing to supporting large-scale decarbonisation by 2025.
We’re facing a climate emergency, and we’ll only avoid the worst impacts of it if we change the way we live and work.
Technology and connectivity can, and should be, at the heart of that change, offering the potential to accelerate the UK’s shift towards a zero carbon future.
We’re leading that charge, with a commitment to achieving net zero across our entire value chain – including our operations, products and supply chain – by 2040. That’s in line with the Science Based Target initiative’s Net Zero Standard.
Plus, we’re helping the UK to transition to net zero faster – empowering our customers and the UK to avoid 20 million tonnes of carbon entering Earth’s atmosphere through our products and services.
- We’ll lead the charge by achieving net zero emissions across our entire value chain (our operations, products and supply chain) by 2040, in line with best-practice standards and ahead of international climate agreements
- We’ll invest in environmental restoration and long-term carbon storage as part of neutralising operational emissions from 2025
- We’ll use our voice across our media platforms and partnerships to amplify the change we need to see
- We’ll use connectivity to run large-scale decarbonisation projects and demonstrate the true potential of technology in delivering a zero-carbon future
- We’ll provide our customers with greener choices to help them live lower-carbon, more circular lives
- We’ll support businesses to turn ambition into action wherever they are on their net zero journey
How we’ll get there
- Continuing to invest in renewable electricity and energy-efficiency initiatives
- Cutting carbon emissions from the journeys we make on the road as we transition to electric vehicles by the end of 2030
- Collaborating with suppliers to adopt carbon-reduction plans in line with science-based targets
- Partnering with industry experts like the Carbon Trust to implement the latest best practices and science-based methodologies
- Using our TV platform, advertising, venues and partnerships to champion greener living and bring environmental issues to life
- Helping customers make informed choices about the products and services they’re using and providing them with more opportunities to reduce their own carbon impact through initiatives, such as Eco Rating
- Developing products and services that deliver sector-wide environmental benefits at scale
- Adopting IoT, AI and data insights to decarbonise the UK and restore our natural environment